View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 04:53 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi everyone, havent checked in and a while and I should have.

All is well I gotta say. I am by no means cured but I have been improving. I've spent the winter pretty dedicated to getting in better health. That means exercise and diet.

I am sticking to a low carb very low sugar diet and have lost more weight. And gym 4 times a week has resulted in muscle.

I am no gym freak, just a 41 year old looking to feel better and happy to be alive after the kind of life I had been living. I started off slow, just your basic routine that you find online, and I am seeing results. I could have pushed myself harder no doubt, but I've been consistent and it's working. Someone told me early on dont go out and try and get an A + every day. Just stay consistent and things will change over time. I applied the same logic to my diet and exercise and it's working.

So much so that i bought a pair of roller hockey skates last week and am on my 3rd day of doing drills. I used to play a lot of hockey up until I was 18 and it's awesome going back to my roots. I have 15 more pounds I'm interesting in losing and this will help tremendously. I just cant push myself in a gym like I do on a rink.

Also, after a chilly winter in NYC, I went down to Miami last week and let me tell you the difference in my pain was out of control. It was cut in half. Crazy.

Not much has changed on my med / DR feedback. I had some more tests done and there was slight improvement. I am comfortable with taking two doses of gabapentin a day, one in the morning and one at night, 600 MGs. I hope to lose my remaining weight and see how I feel come summer and maybe lower it down to 300 mgs 2 x a day.

Overall my spirits are up and I have gotten used to living with this condition. Would be amazing if it improved even more, but I am at peace with it. I hope all is well with everyone else. Will try to post more.
On_A_Freeway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jane85 (03-20-2019), PamelaJune (04-06-2019)