View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 09:05 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I was able to view the origination, activity, and status of all my student loans (except the private one) on line through my account with the Department of Education, and it was not helpful.

There is absolutely nothing in anybody's system about any loan forgiveness/discharge, or anything else, in 2018. And there were no tax forms issued after 2013. But I got a grant from UMass back in the day, so I have to contact them to see if they issued me a tax form this year for some reason. There is a phone number to call on the Dept. of Ed's website, so I'll call them today.

My loan servicer said they issued those tax forms in 2012 and 2013, but I only have one for 2012, which I filed... nothing for 2013. IDK why. I asked them to send me them to me again. I will have to take a look at it. I hope I don't have to amend my 2013 return and pay taxes and/or interest.

Anyway, I spent hours on the phone, and in my filing cabinet, which is a total f'ing mess. I have to reorganize that someday...

I got a flyer in the mail from a Ford dealership with a pull tab game saying I won a 60" TV lol. I knew it was a scam, but we need a new car, and I wasn't doing anything else, so I took the 30 minute drive to claim it lol (Corey encouraged me to go). They are having a huge blow out sale. I looked at a couple of Ford Fusions I liked. But I have to run some numbers. Corey and I may go up there on Saturday. We will not be walking away with a new car (preferably a new used car) unless I get the price/payment I want, and I'm el Cheapo. I don't care how much he likes something. Of course I didn't really win a TV.

I'm going to do some light grocery shopping early this afternoon. I don't really have to go today, but I don't want to do huge trips, or have to go on weekends anymore. I don't want to have to worry about running out of things either.

I still haven't heard a word from maintenance or the office. I'm considering going over there today, but I don't quite know what to say except I'm f'ing PO'ed. They are in the customer service industry. There should be some follow-up, and they should extend some sort of apology, and it should be in a timely manner, especially considering everything wrong with the apartment. I called on Tuesday
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-15-2019), Dmom3005 (03-15-2019), Mari (03-16-2019), mymorgy (03-15-2019)