View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 10:50 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I hope it can help you. The dose you're taking is very little. I know it's expensive in the UK but just to give you an idea, in studies they give patients hundreds of mg per dose. Again, to give you some perspective and sense of what you may need, In animal models they give the animals more than what you're taking. If the dose you're taking doesn't work, increase it. But the dose you've started with is extremely low from what I can tell.

I don't see third party lab testing on this company's website. I wouldn't purchase anything without third party lab tests for at least potency and residual solvents. If you can find test for pesticides, microbes and heavy metals, that's golden, but at least the first two tests are essential to make sure what you're taking is safe. I've mentioned this in my original post and can't stress it enough.

Try the CBD community on Reddit and the UK CBD community on there: A community to discuss CBD / medical marijuana specifically for the UK. They will be able to help with brands more than I can since I'm not in the UK. There are some cheap and good companies in the USA that ship to the UK, so you might try those for better prices and more transparency and quality. I believe Full Activated is one such company but there might be others.

There are two main kinds of CBD, isolate, which is pure isolated CBD, and full spectrum, which is usually 80-90% CBD and the rest is trace amounts of other cannabinoids and terpenes. You might want to give both a month long trial and see which works better for you. With you pain levels, even full blown, high THC cannabis might be a good idea unless you want to avoid the high, which affects memory too in some people. CBD has the opposite affect and can improve memory and focus. It actually counteracts THC. I hope this helps you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmynerves View Post
Thanks DavidHC for your detail re CBD. I have Sever Axonal Loss, and Sensory Motor Polyneuropathy due to a form of Spina Bifada. I am on Gabapentin, Paracetamol, Morphine. I have Lumber Epidural and Medial Branch Injections twice a year. The Gabapentin I am on is a maximum dose and is effecting my short term memory quite bad so keen to find an alternative to deal with the nerve pain. I would prefer to take capsules but confused with the various types of CBD which are available. I have started to take two a day CBD Capsules 5mg from Holland and Barratt (Can be found on their website) but I dont think these are strong enough. I am on my second day and not noticed any change. I would be gratful for any advice on what to take with my condition as Drs in the UK are not able to prescribe or have knowledge of it to discuss, however it is legally available.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
onmynerves (03-16-2019)