View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 09:39 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Fatiguability testing in physical exam

I was a very active teenager, I was training to be a professional dancer (4+ hours of training every day) and I still have a lot of strength from that despite being ill for 7 years. But I can't sustain or repeat muscle contractions for very long.

When my neuro has done physical muscle fatiguability tests I don't feel like he tests it for long enough to see the effect take place, and he wouldn't do longer even though I asked. I'm unsure if maybe I'm wrong, and 5-8 seconds of resistance pressure is enough to show the fatiguability in genuine cases of MG.

I never suspected MG (I didn't even know it existed!) until about 2 months ago I started feeling like my muscles didn't have the physical energy to expand my lungs to breathe once I get tired, and my throat feels like it's collapsing and I strain to keep the airway open. and now in the last month I have a drooping eyelid/eyebrow (on opposite eyes) & my voice gets squeaky and nasally if I talk too long, and swallowing is laborious & doesn't always work the first time.

I tested negative for AChR and MuSK though, so combined with the physical fatiguability exams my neuro is saying are clear, he has ruled out MG. I'd be fine to accept his judgement, but I'm not sure if he's properly exploring this option, given how my symptoms seem to align with MG. any opinions would be welcome! thanks in advance [emoji106]

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
MattyToo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote