View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 06:32 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajonthecloud View Post
40 year old. Healthy male except for neuropathy. I have recently been diagnosed with neuropathy. ( not sure if its B6 or alchol or diabetic ), but I have stopped alcohol for the last 30 days, b6 supplements and A1C is always under 6. I do smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day for last 5 months ( before that I had given up smoking 12 years back ). I work from home and that's one and sometimes only way to unwind. my question is does 3-4 (most of the times 2 ) cigarette a day increase neuropathy? my symptoms are not decreasing (infact increasing slowly) and I am wondering if this could be the cause. While I do want to stop smoking, with lot of changes in life style if I could with smoking 3-4 cigarettes a day for next 1-2 months, it will give me time to adjust and go about stopping to smoke soon. But if smoking does cause major issue I will try best to stop. please advise
This is a good question and I am interested to hear what others think.

I'm 41 and also otherwise healthy (all bloodwork is good, including glucose and A1C). I drank heavily last summer (2 liters of vodka a week for 6 weeks). After the last binge, I developed burning in my feet. I quit drinking for 2 months, it improved a bit, but then drank a liter in November, and one more in December.

I DID quit smoking in September. But I switched to vaping.

I'm convinced that any amount of nicotine ingestion CAN'T be good for neuropathy (I haven't been diagnosed as such but Small Fiber hasn't been ruled out and the neurologists (2) weren't willing to conduct tests until the symptoms got noticeably worse).

I do vape quite a bit (2 pods a days). I should quit vaping but having recently quit drinking (several months) and not using any other substances I am reluctant to give it up. But I am convinced it can't be good.

Did your neurologist rule out diabetic neuropathy (sounds like he did). Did you mention how much you drink (how much if I may ask)? How is your abstinence from alcohol going? Are you finding it difficult? I found the first 30 difficult for sure but it got easier after that.

Best of luck with everything.
AtticusFalcon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote