View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 09:16 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Yes!!! We bought a new car!!!

It's a 2017 navy blue Chevy Impala. It's absolutely beautiful, and it's FULLY loaded! It has leather interior with the fake wood trim inside, and TONS of bells and whistles that will take me a lifetime to figure out lol. We never could have afforded a new car nearly as nice as that, with features like that. Our monthly payment is $1 more than what I said I was willing to pay. I think I can live with that. lol

Because it was a big event, we ended up waiting at the dealership for about 5 hours start to finish because they were selling so many cars that there was a long wait for the financing piece of things. We were there so long, I almost forgot we were buying a new car, and it was hard to be excited about anything. The 2 people working with us were very nice, interesting people. They were around a lot, and we did enjoy our conversations with them, but we just wanted to get the hell out of there.

I had to get into a money booth, and make an a- out of myself, but I caught $89, and will get a check for that. One of the sales people took a video and sent it to me. I should erase all the evidence tho!

I test drove the car in the new parking lot, and really liked it, but Corey drove it home (there was no way I could drive anywhere after being out so long), and absolutely loved it. It's a V6, so it really likes to go. He was so happy and animated about the car how awesome it is last night. It was nice to see him so happy like that. But the car will really be mine because I will be the one driving it all the time. It's huge compared to the Chevy Cobalt, so I'm finally going to have to learn how to park lol.

We have to do laundry today, so I get to drive it there and back. While we're waiting for the clothes to finish, we can take a look at the owner's manual and try to figure out how everything works.

I have to drop off the title to our old car at the dealership on Monday, then go to my insurance agent, then probably the DMV. Then I will have to get an inspection sticker at some point. I don't know how long I have to do that tho. We rolled out state taxes into the loan, so I don't have to worry about that, but I'm sure our insurance will go way up.

I am very happy
But I will probably be happier tomorrow after I get to drive it more than just around a parking lot!!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-17-2019), Dmom3005 (03-17-2019), mymorgy (03-18-2019)