View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 12:13 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I'm surprised the NeuroPsych Report did not claim you are malingering. The scales at the opposite end of the spectrum often lead the NP to make such a statement.

Did you do a memory test, like the Wechsler Memory tests?

I had similar scales except my processing is at 10%.

Those with the highest WAIS scores tend to struggle the most because they focus on the premorbid function and see every effort as a failure or slow/foggy.

Instead, use your intelligence to find new ways to get things done. You do not have to run at 100 mph just because you used to be able to run 110 mph. If you can make steady progress at 50 mph, move on.

My neuro, after reviewing my test results, was amazed that I could get so much done. Most people with processing at 10% are almost non-functional in a general sense. Then he looked at my intelligence based scales and realized I was working through my limits with my intelligence.

btw, My visual short term memory is at 12%. My auditory short term memory is at 5%. I can't remember squat. I can't remember the 8 characters I type into those black dot password fields so I learn to cluster or chunk them. When I post here on NT, I reread my post at least 3 times to stay on track with my thoughts.

So, figure out how you can learn work-arounds and accommodations to overcome your limitations. With your intelligence, it should be a piece of cake.

The experts have found that those who accept their limits as real and work with them and find work-arounds do the best.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (03-18-2019)