View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 06:00 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
Probably not. But, PN is a cRaZy thing to deal with and we are ALL different in the way it affects us.

If it were me, I would quit all alcohol until all the symptoms are gone (or at least almost gone) and then debate whether a drink a day is worth it.
If you think your symptoms may even be related to drinking then stop -- for good. I drank heavily last summer (2 liters a week of vodka for 6 weeks) and the week following my last binge I starting getting burning in my feet.

Even AFTER that, it still took 4 more months of drinking 1 liter a month BEFORE i stopped altogether. Quitting drinking for an alcoholic is DIFFICULT -- especially when the bloodwork is good (mine is just fine).

If I didn't get the burning in my feet, I'd still be drinking, and would probably drink myself to liver/kidney damage -- or worse. I SUPPOSE -- all things considered -- as miffed as i am at myself for doing this to myself -- neuropathy (mine is mild and not yet formally diagnosed, but not ruled out either) beats the alternative. I know at least 2 people between 35-40 (I'm 41) who went to rehab for 30 days, left, started drinking again, and one passed from alcohol poisoning (used to drink a liter of scotch in a sitting) and was hospitalized at least twice.

In other words, people like us shouldn't be drinking AT ALL. Easier said than done.

I hope you situation gives you the strength to stop drinking, period.

Moreover, I hope you (and all of us) find relief from your symptoms.

Best wishes.
AtticusFalcon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (04-18-2020)