View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 09:47 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

In summer 2006 I allowed a general dentist to perform a root canal on a molar. The very next day I had a real bad taste in my mouth. Go back to the Dentist who said everything was just fine and sent me home with some antibacterial mouthwash. What he should have done is sent me to an Endodontist as a general dentist can't see all the roots clearly or at all and I found out years later he had been told by a Endodontist to stop doing these molar root canals, a warning he totally disregarded. I continued to taste the foul crud in my mouth and immediately noticed a drastic change in bowel habits but never ever linked the two together until a couple years after and I had a hard time getting my Dr to listen at first. Five years later October 2011 the tooth exploded, the entire time my intestines raged. I was seeing Dr at the time and he tried hard to figure this all out once he saw my side of things. With the infection boiling in my head I was on tons of antibiotics, every time I went on them my stomach issues improved immensely but only for a short time.

When the RC tooth exploded in 2011 I was then sent to Endodontist who was right ****** when she scanned my head and saw the mess my dentist had made, she was the one who had told him to cease and desist as he did not know what he was doing. The infection from the bad tooth spread to neighbouring teeth and in the end I lost all my upper teeth because of it in 2014. After that I had no issues with my head and jaw but I did have noticeable swelling on my right sinus nasal cavity which only went away when on antibiotics and still have it. When the teeth were extracted my head swelled up to the size of a soccer ball and I was back on antibiotics again. All was well for a few weeks and then it all started again. GP prescribed a ton of antibiotics all with same results. On antibiotics I'd get better but only to have all the intestinal symptoms return at some point.

I've tried to tell Drs I thought I still had infection from this stupid root canal but they were skeptical as the teeth were gone there should be no problem right!? Even my new dentist (he won't touch a molar for a root canal with a ten foot pole BTW) said nope everything looked fine and that even if there was an infection it wouldn't make me sick as I was. My theory was that I was getting a snoot full of infection every time I swallowed as the hideous taste in my mouth was still there and again my stomach issues raged. Go on antibiotics and all those symptoms noticeably stopped and then return again.

Last week I was diagnosed with Vertigo and I explained everything to neurologist and he thinks "something" is pushing on a nerve around my middle or inner ear causing pressure headaches, vertigo and sinus pain and a whole lot of other weird stuff. He said only thing that will find this is MRI so before I do anything now I'm getting the MRI done. I don't think this thing is draining into my digestive system as bad hence the reason for the improvement in my intestinal issues (we're almost normal now) but I do believe its finally created an abscess in my head somewhere as the pressure is unbelievable which really really concerns me!

Within the last three weeks I've been diagnosed with Microscopic Colitis, Celiac, Gastritis and now the Vertigo. Dr tried to hit it with Prednisone for 5 days but now two weeks later the cruddy taste has returned and I feel horrible, the Vertigo has been pretty awful for over a month now. And yes I was searching for a Biologic Dentist but it seems we don't have one close by. Would have to travel 4-8 hours to get to one and it seems the medical system is now on my side.

Go ahead ask me if I'll ever have another root canal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the Reader's Digest version, there are a lot of other things I can say. I guess another quick mention is the cost, I lost a jaw full of really expensive dental work and the repair bills have been horrendous.
Gizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote