View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 10:12 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Unhappy Hairdryer bump/ new to the group

Hello everyone
Skip to the last paragraph for the basic question but here's a little about me.
I'm new to this group and it's helpful to hear so many people are as sensitive as I am after a concussion. Prior to this January, I had only suffered two true concussions in my lifetime that involved a strong force and impact. I had three mild bumps in between those concussions that caused symptoms to flare, but doctors said none of them were concussions. Alas, my most recent concussion happened in January.
Like many people here I've had setbacks from things as simple as going over potholes and shaking around too much while dancing. I'm in vestibular rehab and making progress.

Anyways, I have a hairdryer with a long flat nozzle that's made of plastic. Today while I was drying my hair, and I had the dryer very close to my roots, trying to dry the bangs area, and the nozzle bumped my head. The dryer did not slam me and I did not have enough room to really whack the dryer anyways, but the tap has made my anxiety go crazy. I went to immediate care and they said I was fine and to just follow up with my sports medicine doctors tomorrow.
Anyone ever done this or experienced a flare up? Would you say this is enough to reinjure my old concussion? I've been really good about not hitting my head since the injury in January so I'm really worried about setting myself back
AlmondJoy87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote