View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 08:11 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Corey said he didn't remember saying what he said. I told him that maybe if he keeps it in his sober mind that it's unacceptable to speak to his wife like that, he'll stop treating me like this when he's drunk...
This has been going on for f'ing years (we've been together for 15yrs). I'm speaking up like this now and not fighting with him, or just letting it go, because I'm sober, much more stable, and in a healthier place. I can't address the years of abuse without starting a HUGE fight. I can't change it anyway. I can just try to make my current situation better.

The first two times Corey drove the new car, it was almost entirely on the highway. He drove to the laundromat yesterday. He has no idea how to drive it on regular streets. He's awful with both the gas pedal and breaks. He needs more practice. It was awful. I feel bad for the car lol.

We did laundry. He was not in a good mood. So, that was not fun. It really doesn't take THAT long. It's just a PITA. I have to put the clothes away today, and try not to let the socks and underwear sit around forever.

I have nowhere to be until Wednesday, when I have a pdoc appointment. It's a relief. I may have to pick up some scripts, but that's no big deal. I can do that at my own convenience. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere today. When I went outside this morning, it was very cold, and very windy.

My naps have been running longer lately, and it's been harder to get up. So, for this week, I decided to make some things that can be made during the day, and can just be heated up when I wake up, or Corey can put in the oven while I'm sleeping. We'll see how that works out. Hopefully well, because I've been tired of eating the same old s-.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-01-2019), Dmom3005 (04-01-2019), mymorgy (04-02-2019)