View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 09:37 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSinSC View Post
I take it as a medication with CRPS. I take 900 mg morning and 900 at night for allodynia. I also take opiates for the CRPS. I have never heard of pain patients using gabapentin to get high with the pain meds (as stated above)....I can't see how, as I have never "noticed" this medication other than it making me sleepy on higher doses.
It's interesting....my pain mgt. doc, before realizing I had CRPS, told me he didn't want me on Gabapentin, because it was a "nasty" medication, then when he realized I had CRPS, he wanted me to take "as much as I could tolerate." He doesn't realize he told me this years back, but I've never forgotten. I dont care for the sleepiness, but it does help with the allodynia. There have been times I tried to take less and the allodynia got significant...too significant, so I determined I needed this medication and keep taking it.

I'm so sorry that you are suffering from CPRS and allodynia
Do your medications provide you with enough relief, or do you still suffer from significant pain?

I've taken opiates for surgery while on really high doses of gabapentin, and don't remember being stoned at all. I had surgery in November, and was on dilauded, and wasn't stoned, but I was only taking 800mg/day then.

I think the warning is because of the people who are already abusing differing kinds of opiates in really high doses.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-02-2019), Dmom3005 (04-02-2019), mymorgy (04-02-2019)