View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 11:38 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Could I have a concussion from this low speed collision?

sex: M
ht: 5'6
wt: 130

Just about 2 hours ago, I was putting my car in the garage and I hit the wrong pedal and hit a fridge that was standing a couple inches in front of the back wall of my garage head on. I must've been going 5mph. The doors of my fridge will not close anymore, and I'm going to have to throw it out. It still technically works and doesn't look like it's in terrible shape, but there's a noticeable dent in it where my car struck it. My garage's back wall is fine, the car is undamaged.

As for myself, my head didn't whip significantly, airbag didn't go off, seatbelt did not lock, head did not strike anything, did not lose consciousness, no amnesia, no neck pain, no cognitive or neurological symptoms that I can uncover from some rudimentary tests I did. I do have this very slight headache that comes and goes, but I've been having the same type of headache for weeks now, and it seems to me that it's related to anxiety.

Concussion seems unlikely to me, but I am an anxious person, and whenever similar stuff has happened to me in the past (running over a parking block, driving over a pothole, braking hard), I reassured myself by reminding myself that there had been no collision involved, and thus concussion was impossible, but obviously I can't use that here....
largeman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote