View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 08:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My dad died back in 1989.....wasn't until I was researching things regarding my ex-H's issues in my failed marriage that I came across the explanations regarding Tourettes.

Looking back at me childhood at the age of 60 I started recalling that his stomach was constantly twitching when he sat down & he was constantly clearing his throat & blowing out his nose (no tissue involved) I also can still hear him stimming the fingers together.

Interesting memories we retain from our childhood. He was never diagnosed with anything regarding any of those symptoms. I just knew as a kid that they were not NORMAL actions that people had. It didn't bother me but it was definitely noticeable & I always wondered why. I also realized that ASD described many of his behaviors & inability to interface with people.

I know we can't diagnose people in the past but learning about things known about NOW does shed some possible light, answers & better understanding on things a child wonders about all their life & actually helps make sense of my own childhood even if it can't be known for sure.
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (04-07-2019)