View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 09:39 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Concussion without head movement?

I’ve posted here before about how I have horrible head sensitivity after suffering a concussion about 1.5 years ago. Getting haircuts was something I started getting extreme anxiety about. I would try to tell my barber to be gentle with my head but they never really listened and would still be rough and aggressive with my head as they cut it, which caused a lot of symptoms and setbacks every time. Very frustrating how difficult it can be to get others to understand what I’m going through. Anyway, because of this issue I started cutting my own hair for a few months and didn’t suffer any setbacks. However yesterday I was feeling brave and decided to try facing my fear by going for a professional haircut again. Went to this new place I’ve never been to and of course, the person who ends up cutting my hair is a young girl who apparently is training and giving her first haircut and using my head as practice (I didn’t realize this until half way in). I explicitly told her to please be gentle but I don’t think it would’ve been possible for her to be any more aggressive than she was, between pressing the razor really hard against my skull and moving it up and down really fast on my head and tugging my hair. At one point, the razor hit into the bony bump at the base of my skull behind my head, which instantly made me anxious. Mind you the haircut came out horrible...it’s like a joke how bad it looks. I basically paid for her to mess my head up and waste an hour of my time. I felt like complete crap after and just wanted to get the hell out of there instead of complaining.

You might be reading this thinking I’m crazy or have terrible anxiety...but the symptoms are real and I can’t help but think if this horrible experience could have caused more damage or another concussion.

Is it possible to get a concussion without the head actually moving, like my situation where the razor bumped into the bone in the back of my head? I’ve had many setbacks over the past 1.5 years which have eventually gotten better, but this is by far the worst haircut experience I’ve ever had and I don’t know how to cope with all this anxiety. I honestly just need to be reassured that it’s just anxiety and I will get back to baseline in a couple days.
Robo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote