View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 04:38 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Took a really bad fall while escaping a robber in my house, really devasted

I’m a 19 year old 140 pound male, Caucasian

I have asthma, allergies, post concussion syndrome from years of contact sports and bad ocd/anxiety

This morning a robber broke into my house and when I confronted him he tried to attack me. I managed to escape and since he had a weapon I ran to the closest commercial street. While running I had a really really bad fall. Didn’t hit my head but landed hard on my front and my neck may have whipped. Got up, kept running and called the police once I reached a public place.

I know this is was extremely stupid of my but I just panicked and adrenaline took over when I saw a huge guy with a pistol in my house and then screaming and coming towards me trying to knock me out or kill me. Regardless of the fall I probably also jolted my brain around even more through the all the running and jumping I did.

What I’m extremely worried about is the fall and if my life is over due to this. I didn’t hit my head but fell really hard on my body so there’s almost no way my brain wasn’t rattled and I’m already very sensitive to this stuff because I have post concussion syndrome. I’m absolutely in shock, completely terrified about the outcome of that fall. I know that whiplash concussions are possible and they often happen in car crashes. This is so so devastating, my life is basically over.

Went to the hospital immediately after talking to the police. The doctor there said he was not concerned about brain trauma because I did not hit my head however I know whiplash concussions happen all the time. Other then that I had bad cuts on my fist and fingers, cuts on the outside of my knee from falling on the side, severe bruising on my hip and a sprained ankle.
BenW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote