View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 06:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

That is one thing I have to say I love about my DH, don’t get me wrong he is an awesome care-giver really makes me feel horrible most of the time because he can be so great, but whenever someone tries to compliment him or offer their sympathies to him for having to care for me... he laughs outright at them and says actually our lives would go so much better if I would just let him take care of me. He’s pretty much told their entire county I’m too stubborn, too hard-headed and too stupid as well to take it easy, sit back relax and let someone help me. And his complaints are echoed by my parents and aunt and uncle.

Meanwhile I get very tired of listening to everyone tell me “you do too much!” While I’m thinking of the piles of unwashed laundry littering my house, and that the last time I was truly happy and super excited to get something was a super lightweight vacuum cleaner for hard floors just because now I can “sweep” my floors at least once a month.

It’s been years now, but I still miss being able to clean my house top to bottom in a day, and having never met a dust bunny and spring cleaning only taking 2 days and included cleaning out the garage and attic. I miss being able to load laundry into the washer, switch it to the dryer AND fold it and put it all away. That’s now at least a 2 day project

I just want a clean house, a trimmed garden and time to enjoy life some without fearing taking one day off from doing laundry is going to leave me with an insurmountable back up of laundry that requires asking my mom or aunt to come to my house and do my laundry for me.

And through it all, everyone tells me, take it easy, you can get that tomorrow just take a break... DH included who works between 60-90 hours a week and still cooks dinner and does the dishes and the food shopping. Cuz yeah none of that makes me feel like a waste of space and money already I should just lay back and eat bonbons watching soap operas.
Kitty (04-14-2019)