View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 07:22 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Hi Paul!

My initial symptom was random energy surges coming from my heel and shooting toward my calf. At night especially, I felt that something was crawling on my legs. I self diagnosed as Restless Leg Syndrome. However, within 3 months I had bad chronic burning in my shins and feet, hamstring hands, etc.. I also had random stabs of pain.

I had retired 8 months prior and was able to devote much more time to what I loved: dance (I had taught ballet), spinning, hiking, etc and I believe the extra stress along with excessive wear and tear over the years to my body played a part.

I too had suffered a great deal of stress in the year presiding my 1st symptom. It started with my being mugged and ended with my brother being diagnosed with cancer. There were 3 other events in between those two, but not as critical. I do believe this was a big trigger for my ISFN.

It's really hard to get a definitive answer as to why this has happened to me. Believe me, I have tried. The best I can do is an educated guess.
Streetlegal (04-12-2019)