View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 07:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi! I'm an old member whose been out of touch for quite awhile.

I've had idiopathic small fiber neuropathy for over 5 years. I have chronic burning that keeps me up at night. After exhausting all methods I had back surgery for a compressed nerve sac 3 years ago. It did make my back stronger and some of my burning lighter. However the burning is still chronic.

The doctors put me on gabapentin and opioids for my nerve pain. For me the gabapentin did nothing for the pain but helped with Restless Leg Syndrome, which often accompanies neuropathy. The opioids helped tremendously with the pain, but I didn't want to be on them for the rest of my life. So I tried Kratom and that is what I use now. There is a lot of controversy and imo bad information out there about this plant but it works for me.

Over the counter Aspercreme with Lidocaine, Magnesium Lotion, Fibro Cream all help me. Cbn helps me sleep (it's not the same as Cbd although Cbd has helped many. If you do a search in this section you'll find lots of info. They're finally doing a lot more research on medical marijuana and there are a few things that I tried that helped, but only if you can stay home

Life isn't as easy as it once was and it usually requires some planning; but most of the time it's ok and some of the time it's better then ok.