View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 08:53 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Flare ups & feeling stuck. A hit to mouth/nose

Post concussion syndrome and still healing. Had a flare last weekend that I am still worried about. Was laying with Mom, who sat up and reached forward to grab a toy from our dog, her fingers hit me in the mouth/nose area. Was seen by an immediate care on the weekend and my neurologist the following Monday who both agreed I was fine. This week I have felt more sensitive and symptomatic in general, had two other flares of symptoms related to a bump in the parking lot while backing up very slowly and a sudden step on the gas where my arm hit my armrest and my neck did a crack. I've been to my concussion doctors and physical therapist and everyone tells me it's okay to exercise and to not go back to initial concussion resting. Everyone is telling me I have an anxiety problem which I am addressing with therapy and now medicine. But I swear I still feel like I've been setback. I am starting an anti anxiety medicine this week and wishing it will help because I can't stop worrying about these flare ups and noticing what feels like a setback.
If anyone could share similar experiences, words of wisdom, or reassurance, I would highly appreciate it! I'm feeling so aware of every flare up and like it HAS to get easier than this
AlmondJoy87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote