Old 04-13-2019, 04:35 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Try ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggychic_1201 View Post
i'm about out of my mind and need to vent and hear some suggestions of what you've tried.

Tho i've had rsd for a long time, it had been stable up until about 3 years ago. Medtronic stim helps a bit, but the issue that has me insane is the allodynia. It's so bad on my arms and hands that i feel damned no matter what i try. Despite every desensitization trick, mirror therapy, neurofeedback (aka brain training), lidocaine patches/creams, who knows what else, i cannot stand anything touching my arms from palm to 4 inches above my elbows. And absolutely no pressure, which means my old technique of wearing a sleeve is out out out.

(i'm not done venting yet ) i'm also incredibly heat intolerant. I've tinted the windows in my car and do my best to stay inside when the sun is out, but it's depressing. A single sunbeam hitting my forearm feels like a laser slicing me open.

I work ... I pretend ... But it's so hard to cope. The burning is never-ending I know i'm not alone. What do you do?
i know they say it will make it worse but for me ice. I literally walk around with an icebag. Also iv vitamin c at least 20,000mg every month or every week if possible. Plus take vitamin c 3000mg. To start and every hour. Until the pain subsides. It took about 6 months but i finally get a few days where the burning is about a 2 out of 10. So much more tolerable. The iv vit. C helps more but its expensive. Insurance consider it alternative medicine so wont pay unless your doc bills it as something else. Hey you got to do whatever helps. Best of luck. Doctors best vitamin c 360 in a jar 1000mg. Each is the best one. Also drink lemon with your water a tiny piece. This will prevent the vitamin c from botherin your kidneys as you urinate it right out. But for some reason this vitamin c boost your immune system gradually. My allodynia has gotten so much better.
Karel1957 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ShaggyChic_1201 (12-23-2019)