View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 09:41 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I am really sorry that you had to experience this. This must have been very frightening.

What strikes me is that you do not even mention symptoms. It looks as if your convinction that your "life is over" is not based on how you are feeling now, but on your anxiety about the fragility of a pcs sufferer's brain. This topic has been discussed many times, and your very pessimistic beliefs have been refuted.

Your tendency to catastrophize and exaggerate the consequences of innocuous events (the hairdresser, the kisses, etc.) is playing tricks on you again today, although at a different scale. I haven't seen any thread here where someone reported that her/his "life was over" after failing without hitting the head.

If you have symptoms, attribute them to the spike of stress hormones that you experienced. I once saw someone falling on the railroads in front of me while a train was approaching. We managed to save him but the intensity of the stress that I experienced magnified my pcs symptoms for a few days. I am saying this to tell you that you clearly need more time to see clearly through your situation, and I am confident that once the stress hormones have settled you will be back to baseline and stop worrying about this event.

What are your plans for today and tomorrow? I found that I am much more tolerant to incidents when I am busy and meeting people, than when I am alone, certainly because company distracts my negative thoughts away. If you can I would recommend that you reach out to people that you like and try to go out.

Take care.
Vania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
red90 (05-22-2019)