View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 10:04 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Paul, I too had put additional stress on my lumbar spine by adding aerial yoga to my routine. It was an extremely vigorous class and hard on my lumbar spine. I was also able to add days to my weight work outs, dance classes, etc as I was retired. Basically I worked out in some form almost everyday instead of the 2 times a week I had while working. My body was already compromised and I pushed it over the edge.

If I were you I'd get an MRI of at least your cervical spine. If something is pinched or compressed it could be causing your symptoms. It could also be carpal tunnel. Just be mindful that most orthopedic surgeons make their money performing surgery. It's not a decision to jump into in my opinion.

I personally don't think cold showers play a part in this. I remember when my symptoms 1st began I questioned everything as a possible cause. It's sad we have to do the job that doctors should be doing.

Meditation is a great help for many reasons while you search for a cause and for the rest of your life.
carol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetlegal View Post
Pinkynose:

Beside the chronic emotional stress I had been suffering leading up to my diagnosis, I had also been putting extra strain on my body.

I had started a weight training regime (my very first symptoms were tingling in the end of my fingers which I put down to a carpal tunnel as a result of pushing weights) but also a cold-shower regime each day--almost as if the extra stress from the very cold showers and the weight-lifting triggered the latent symptoms.

I agree that learning to relax and let things go is imperative. For two years I would be grinding my teeth away at night due to the ridiculous levels of stress I underwent . . .

I am trying to let things go.

Paul
echoes long ago (04-13-2019), Streetlegal (04-14-2019)