View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 05:31 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi Adelina: I sometimes listen to books on audible....or audio....many can be rented from the library....it helps on those lonely days when I am in my head too much. I get into the books/stories and often get lost for a good long time. I don't leave my house often, either, so I know a lot about what you are going through. It worries me for you and for your kids when you say you "need need need" them.....because they are so young and still developing, and for children, that may be very hard.
Human being contact is so important to all of us. My husband is with me still, and we do ok together, but having issues like we do can be a struggle. One thing I've recently learned some about is the connection between pain and the brain (emotional/cognitive connection). I mention this, because just learning this helped me make more sense of all of my emotions that can sometimes get rather raw. I have been able to redirect my focus and my thinking (when done intentionally) which is helping me. I am more positive and less hard on myself for my reality. I have been through a lot of stages with my issues, and as it has progressed and gotten worse, I have had to work hard to accept my circumstances without getting hopeless....and negative. I really do enjoy all of the books and as much as I can, I do get outside and even further when able.
Perhaps you could seek resources to enable you home health care...I know there are, at least in some places, resources for the elderly and shut in.....some light house work and company for them, at no charge to them. Maybe this would get you some human contact?
I wish I had more, but I can't think of anything further at this time.
I will say that I come on to the group here as I can. I post pretty much every time, so you can see that my visits are like once a week or so.....I suspect others are visiting with more or less the same frequency.
Oh, I thought of one other thing. Back when I was 26 (I am 52 now), I was single and bored a lot and would go online in the evenings and play card games with others. I enjoyed that at the time and it cut the loneliness some, too.
CRPSinSC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (04-16-2019)