View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 01:03 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Attention Doctor/Neurologist is a Complete Idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8ful View Post
My mostly ocular MG has been acting up lately and my vision is unstable. It isn't so bad in the morning except it takes a few minutes for me to get my eyes working well when I wake.

My neuro said the focusing muscles in eyes aren't voluntary and shouldn't be affected by MG but I think I disagree and will discuss again sometime. I have several different vision issues: typical double vision, problems changing from far to near vision and also a bit of double vision even with one eye closed.
I know that this is a VERY old post, but for anyone that might find this in a search and read this in the future - the neurologist mentioned above is an idiot, and anyone getting advice like this should FIRE their doctor immediately. Even a cursory understanding of Myasthenia Gravis informs you that your eye muscles ARE affected and USUALLY among the FIRST symptoms of MG. This is not new information, therefore anyone claiming to be a neurologist who says something this uninformed should have their medical license revoked. Change doctors faster than you can change your socks! Again, just for anyone with symptoms or newly diagnosed, comments such as this indicate that your doctor is wholly unqualified...
MGSpouse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JessieJ (07-08-2019)