View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 10:03 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi, so I didn't have any luck with doctors.. let me tell you. My primary didn't know what was going on so she referred me to orthopedic. They did an MRI of my shoulder. They told me I had tendonitis of my supraspinatus (which is caused by poor posture). Needless to say I found a good PT, I did a ton of my own research online into stretches and work outs. I get soft tissue work, dry needling of the tight muscles, I take muscle relaxers occasionally at night time, and I stay on top of my stretching and strengthening routine. While you are looking for a doctor, I would research PTs in your area, call around and see who has experience with TOS. See what modalities they use. In my experience soft tissue work, dry needling, combined with stretching, strengthening and my own self myofascial release with a foam roller and lacrosse ball have helped me tremendously. I can still work at my desk. I can still do things.. most importantly I'm not in agonizing pain all of the time any more. It's manageable and I now believe that I can actually get all the way better if I stay the course.. best of luck. It's a hard long road but it is possible!!
Dontbeamelvin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote