View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 01:14 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I am in the US and I was taking a high dose of oxycodone prescribed by my GP. When the opioid crisis hit, I realized that I had to find another option. I started getting Lidocaine infusions and reducing my oxycodone down by 5 mgs per month. My GP sent out a letter a few months ago stating that he is only allowed to prescribe 90 morphine equivalents, so I am really glad that I had already reduced myself below this level. I have a pain clinic, but they don't prescribe narcotics at all. At least they do the lidocaine. What I have been told is that they want chronic pain patients below 50 morphine equivalents, even CRPS patients. I have friends who are in pain clinics that prescribe high doses still, but those clinics have months waiting periods to get in. It would be good to get on one of those waiting lists. I have decided to try to go off except, keeping a bottle around for when I injure my foot. Reducing a small amount per month has really been helpful. Maybe if you get onto a tapering program they will still prescribe? I know and agree that this is barbaric.
Jules14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote