View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 02:36 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Membrane Visible after Surgery

Hello! I am glad to have found this website. Last Friday (one week ago) I had an extraction of an adult baby tooth (#4), a bone graft, sinus lift, and implant performed. The surgery went very smoothly. I had practically no swelling, pain or discomfort; I didn't even need the prescribed ibuprofen past two days!

Today, I noticed the gum area around the surgical site turning white and feeling puffy. I called the office that performed my surgery. While my surgeon is out today, his associate saw me right away.

He confirmed I am seeing the membrane, but told me this is nothing to worry about. He was quite calm and reassured me this should resolve in 1-2 weeks. He also told me to keep my follow-up scheduled for Monday.

Me being the absolute nervous nelly I am (especially as someone who's never had surgery in my 30 years of life) I continue to be paranoid about this membrane being visible. Is this truly a cause for concern, or should I remain calm?

There's no additional pain, bad taste/smells, puss, etc. He even said the surgical site is healing nicely.

Thank you!!
Attached Thumbnails
Membrane Visible after Surgery-img_20190419_152809_2-jpg  
RJS5689 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote