View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 06:40 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontbeamelvin View Post
I tend to agree with Jo*Mar. Of course we don't know how much pain you are in etc. Each case is different. I probably wouldn't be letting someone go at me with a knife unless I had already had a clot or was at serious risk for one. Since I am not in this category as of now, I won't consider it.

I've also researched on these forums quite a bit and surgery can be very hit or miss even with the very best surgeon. The truth about TOS is there can be many points of compression, although you might feel pain in your scalenes or neck region, it doesn't mean cutting that out will entirely remove the problem. Doctors also can't just rebuild the scalene muscle. Once it's gone other muscles will certainly compensate and that could lead to other issues, or issues on the other side.

Many folks have had issues with the scar tissue after surgery as well.

I would look up TOStinman on YouTube. He's a member here but he is more active on YouTube. He had the scalenectomy done and his symptoms didn't really improve. Of course it could get better.. but in my research it seems like a coin flip.

Either way best of luck. I check up here time to time even though the forum is mostly dead it seems. I don't do Facebook so I don't really want to go on there for groups..
knowing that your subclavian veins and arteries are compressed(CT ANGIO) - wouldn't you go through surgery in order to release these vessels? I mean, it exteremly hard to release it otherwise.

Also - I have a question; I have TOS on my left side, which is my severe side, but on the other side I have scalene tightness too, but only sympthoms seem to be right-ear problems(ear poping, tinnitus, can hear blood pumping sometimes). Does anyone have any info about that? is that even related? it bothers me a lot too.

thanks!
DarKnight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote