View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 07:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi RJS

Glad your surgery went well!

The membrane? Are you referring to the white area on the gum above your central, lateral and incisor teeth? That looks to be sloughing of some tissue. Very gentle use of your toothbrush or a washcloth over that area may remove it.

Your lips looked chapped, how much water are you drinking?

Are you rinsing with warm salt water?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJS5689 View Post
Hello! I am glad to have found this website. Last Friday (one week ago) I had an extraction of an adult baby tooth (#4), a bone graft, sinus lift, and implant performed. The surgery went very smoothly. I had practically no swelling, pain or discomfort; I didn't even need the prescribed ibuprofen past two days!

Today, I noticed the gum area around the surgical site turning white and feeling puffy. I called the office that performed my surgery. While my surgeon is out today, his associate saw me right away.

He confirmed I am seeing the membrane, but told me this is nothing to worry about. He was quite calm and reassured me this should resolve in 1-2 weeks. He also told me to keep my follow-up scheduled for Monday.

Me being the absolute nervous nelly I am (especially as someone who's never had surgery in my 30 years of life) I continue to be paranoid about this membrane being visible. Is this truly a cause for concern, or should I remain calm?

There's no additional pain, bad taste/smells, puss, etc. He even said the surgical site is healing nicely.

Thank you!!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote