View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 08:41 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thank you for such a quick response. The white area is indeed what I am talking about. It is quite possible I misunderstood the surgeon as I was feeling quite panicked while in the chair (normally I'm diligent about asking follow-up questions). He did mention something similar to what you said and explained a little bit about the biology of the skin as it scabs, heals, and changes color throughout the process.

I'm glad you asked about the water intake; this is an area of personal health I've been trying to improve upon. I most definitely need to work on upping my water intake throughout the day!

I was prescribed chlorhexidine, which I am using and I also rinse with warm salt water after meals/throughout the day. I was also on Cefdinir as a precautionary measure against sinus infection (they chose Cefdinir as my body responded well to it while treating a sinus infection in the past).

It might just be my wishful thinking, but it almost appears as if a tad of white patch has slightly decreased in size since this morning!

This is my first time undergoing any surgery. I was quite pleased that my surgeon felt confident that placing the implant at the same time as the lift would lead to success. I believe I had 8.44mm of bone and he desired at least 10mm for implant placement. A family member had to have an implant removed (performed by a different surgeon) and I've, of course, done the worst thing any patient can do: Google their symptoms/questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi RJS

Glad your surgery went well!

The membrane? Are you referring to the white area on the gum above your central, lateral and incisor teeth? That looks to be sloughing of some tissue. Very gentle use of your toothbrush or a washcloth over that area may remove it.

Your lips looked chapped, how much water are you drinking?

Are you rinsing with warm salt water?

Bryanna
RJS5689 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote