Thread: Advice and PCS
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 07:55 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Advice and PCS

Hi Guys,

Really hoping I can get your advice. I was diagnosed with PCS following an auto accident in February 2018, a year into moving to the US. My life was great, lots of friends, busy social life, interesting well-paid job. Unfortunately not being able to follow conversations from more than one person made it hard to socialize and my social life dwindled. I lost my job but thankfully was able to claim disability which kept me going.

Unfortunately, my disability payments came to an end a few months ago and I am having problems getting hold of unemployment (I've been disqualified as they are saying I still have health issues and cannot claim) and am currently really struggling financially to make ends meet, lending money from family etc to get by.

I'm applying for jobs and feel I am somewhat able to work, but not to the level I did before, and feel less sharp, memory/concentration issues/lower IQ etc, I really don't want to give up on my dream of living in the US (Since I was a kid) but feel like I desperately need the support of my family at the moment as I feel v much like my friends here don't understand and can't provide me with the support I need right now. I also feel I'm probably spending too much time on my own and this is hindering my recovery.

Having been through something similar, I would love any advice on what you guys think I should do?
Millie3434 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote