View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 04:53 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

My neuro advised me against having an kind of nerve conduction tests or biopsies done; he diagnosed me based on blood tests, ruling out MS (MRI) and lyme disease etc, but primarily on symptoms.

I could have tests done if I so wished, but I have no reason to doubt my neuro; I guess the only thing a biopsy or such like might indicate is some kind of baseline level of damage that I suppose could be monitored over time. Overall, though, I am clueless about the procedures for getting an "official" diagnosis and what use it might be.

I have constant calf fasciculations that started about 4 months after my initial symptoms (odd tingling and buzzing in finger tips, feet, legs). The twitching never stops, just waxes and wanes a bit--had it for nearly two years; I also developed eye-lid twitching in one eye which has (thus far) been treated effectively with Botox injections.

Alas, my initial symptoms of paresthesias continue, but now with burning and occasional nerve shocks--in other words, potential for pain.

Paul
Streetlegal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote