View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 09:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Sarah,

I had constant vibrations and prickling in my feet too. I've been to several neurologists but they could not detect anything wrong. I was put on Lyrica. I've had numerous tests done but no abnormalities were found. Through the years, symptoms were getting worse. Whenever I mention this to my family doctor, he just increased my dose of Lyrica. It was very frustrating until my last blood test.

After undergoing a series of tests, the last neurologist told me there is nothing wrong with my nerves and to go back to my family doctor and "let him figure out what is wrong with you". She did mention however that I was pre-diabetic as my 2-hour glucose test result was high (9.9 mmol/L). My A1C is 5.7.

I started to watch my carb intake and stay away from sugar as much as possible. After a few months of doing this, I notice that I do not feel the vibrations anymore. There is still a lot of prickling but they do not keep me awake at night eventhough I took myself off Lyrica.

I still feel the constant prickling in my feet and calves but keeping my fingers crossed that these too will go away. If not, I guess I just have to live with it but I'm still happy that I'm off prescription medication.

Take care.
MetroMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote