View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 08:25 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperElectric View Post
Just wondered if there is anyone on here like me still suffering from sleep issues after a concussion? It's over 4 1/2 years since my accident with a door, my sleep has improved but still very patchy. Last week I had to resort to over the counter Nytol sleeping tablets to get a good nights sleep. A week after my concussion I woke with tinnitus which flares up sometimes to compound matters. They both seem related somehow. How do folk cope?
I had my first concussion this February (2-8-2019) and my sleep has been bad. Initially I slept 2 to 4 hours then stayed awake for 2 to 4 hours. My neurologist prescribed me amitriptyline to help with the pain. The first week I slept great but I'm back to waking up alot. I've tried adding melatonin too. I fall asleep- but I dont stay asleep. If you found a solution please let me know
Symtoms:
Headaches, neck pain, short term memory loss, blurred vision, increased pulse, varying blood pressures, vertigo, personality changes, irritability, fatigue, noise sensitivity, focusing
Symtoms resolved:
Slurred speech, stuttering, most light sensitivity
Whitaker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote