View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 05:31 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Gypsy,

I don't think it should be a problem as far as making the sinus communication painful or larger. I think it would behoove you to stay well hydrated with water. You may have to pee more often, but staying hydrated helps to prevent the nasal passage from getting too dry which keeps the sinus from becoming too dry. Drinking water throughout the ride, rather than a lot all at once, would be helpful.

Without question, I would avoid smoking or being around smoke as that will irritate the sinus passages and could cause a delay in the healing.

Hope that info helps... have a safe trip!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy7684 View Post
Good Morning - I had a 2nd molar pulled which resulted in an oro antral communication. It has been six weeks, and the oral surgeon tested the other day and told me that it is closing from the inside out. I am supposed to go to an event next weekend which would entail driving through some moderate elevation (1800-2000 ft) areas. Do you think that this is something that could cause it to reopen. I should have asked the surgeon, but forgot. Now he is on vacation. Any experience with this? Thanks very much.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote