View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 11:25 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Confused constant mucus in nose and throat with chiari 1 malformation?

Hi everyone.
I just have a question for all of you who have chiari 1 malformation, as I have been recently diagnosed with it.
Since the diagnosis, I now understand where a bunch of lifelong symptoms have been coming from. However, I am wondering if any of you have had chronic runny nose, clogged throat, the urge to cough, and constant post nasal drip included in your symptoms? I have had this mucus problem for 6 years, and it seemed to start after a particularly bad cold. But I will have a stuffy runny nose when I eat, which makes me have to blow my nose after eating. It has gotten progressively worse, as my other chiari symptoms also have, and is to the point where there is a build up of mucus in the back of my nose going into my throat and ears all the time, but is made tons worse when I eat anything. I am down to one meal a day to avoid the hours I have to spend blowing my nose. It takes anywhere within 2-6 hours to blow my nose after eating. I have gone to 5 ENT doctors who all told me I don't have allergies, sinus problems, or enlarged adenoids. They just say I am producing more mucus than the average person. So I am just wondering if it could be related to my chiari. Any info you can provide is much appreciated.
SingingRachel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote