View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 03:17 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hello all. I have just found this three in the last week or so and have read all of your posts (ell almost all but will be going back to finish them) and wanted to say thank you and congratulations on amazing strength and courage and a job well done!

I do not know if I have neuropathy but suspect I may. I have Reynauds syndrome which was very recently diagnosed and am very susceptible to cold. Lately my middle and ring finger have been somewhat locking at night and I have to work it out when waking up. Additionally I have been feeling a tad bit dizzy lately at various times or weakness in legs just out of the blue when out for lunch at work or standing outdoors.

I know I have to stop drinking as my family life I realize now is being affected in my. Of being thoughtful enough. My wife does not know I drink as she has too much on her plate as it is. I recently had labs done and all was normal except for my liver enzymes were slightly high and I have been diagnosed with fatty liver previously. I am nervous even writing this as we speak however wanted to share to see if it gave me even a tiny kick in the rear end to get doing the right things. I’ve been listening to a lot of audiobooks on mindfulness and techniques for not feeling the need to bow down to your cravings as they are just thoughts and nothing more and we always have thoughts come and go so the craving too shall pass and pay it no mind. I feel like it’s helping me think of drinking in a different light and I am almost ready to take that plunge. I also however am terrified I am too late and i have already guaranteed that my sweet seven year old son will have to know a life without his dad who he loves so much and also experience going through his dad dying at such a young age.

Sorry for long rants but everyone seems so supportive and open here it’s very admirable and comforting. My questionnaire basically does this sound like neuropathy to you all, and also - have any of you had bad liver results or cirrhosis or liver scared in general, or does the neuropathy seem to come before the onset of cirrhosis?

Thanks for listening and for sharing all of your valuable information! Keep up the great work to you all!
srdub is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (04-27-2019)