View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 04:19 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Sounds like you've had an awesome day, and I am so happy that you've been able to do that!!!! I am still thinking, wheels grinding, so I'll throw out a few more things I thought of as I read your response to me.
1) My grandmother lived in another state and when she became blind and had to move out of her house (she lived there blind for too long, but my dad put his foot down as she kept leaving the stove eyes on and other things that made it dangerous). Anyway, she called me to come help her find a place to live (think she was mad at all her kids, lol). Anyway, the first place I took her in her state was something like Council on Aging, where we looked at all the resources they offered. Among them were in house visits for companionship, light cleaning, therapy, etc. This was free to the elderly. I don't know your situation well, but there has to be some way you can qualify for services for disabled, same as they offer some services to aging. If not governmental, how about churches? You should not live by yourself and suffer aloneness...if it's at all preventable....it's just "how" do we get that for you????
I hope if others are reading, they'll make any suggestions for resources I don't know about.

2) Is there any way you could move into an assisted living community of any kind? Have you looked into it or considered it? I know that I've had issues with my husband before and imagined that should he get on my last good nerve, I would like to live more in town in an apartment complex with assisted living resources such as having others for company, and little things going on daily that I could choose to take part in, or not....and most importantly, healthy meals that I wouldn't need to prepare for myself, as that would just be too hard for me.

I am wondering if you started calling around in your area to governmental places and churches with outreach programs and other places that assist or work with the disabled, could you not learn, just from making these calls and talking to all of these people out there, more about what might be available to you. Heck, if you're home alone with not a screaming loaded schedule, taking a little time to reach out around you may uncover a hidden gem for you.

Again, I am so pleased to hear that you had a good one....and the rattlesnake thrill....just wow. My husband and I watch a lot of those programs that "follow" animals in the wild and I watch Steve Irwin reruns like a crazy person...(I just adore his enthusiasm). When the snakes come on, especially rattle snakes, I always pause so that I can watch and study them....fascinating and makes my heart race a little just to see them! Their facial features are etched like autobots....so perfect. Oh, and the other night we started an Ocean series and the stuff in the ocean is just insane....God is amazing....I can't believe His imagination...and all the creatures He made....it's just so WOW! (world of wonderful!!!!).

May you have a perfect today, sis!!
CRPSinSC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (04-27-2019), Wren (04-26-2019)