View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 09:08 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rMuD View Post
It is not a disease. It is a condition. You are not sick. the LFCN is a nerve that comes out of L2-L3 and comes around to the front of the hip and dives under the ligament and come out and is the light touch of your outer thigh.. and when I say light touch.. I mean the hair on your leg, and brushing against your skin light tough.. no matter how much it feels like someone it tearing burning flesh from your leg.. it is just he hair on your leg.

So saying that, lidocaine in the form of a Lidoderm patch works great. but you must remove the hair from your leg first!!!!!! or torture will ensue!!! This will allow cloths to touch your leg without torture. I never listened to maximum durations.

Lyrica worked very well for me, lots of deep water aerobics, walking, exercising on land made it worse. Water aerobics! Warm water! Deep water Aerobics.

Chiropractor is going to be crucial because you are favoring your other leg and you are throwing your entire structural system out of wack. You brain is defending the injury with muscle spasms, a chiropractor will help relieve that.

After 15 years of MP I had the nerve cut, there was no saving it. I am just here to share my experience. I no longer suffer from MP. But I am still recovering from the damage.
In your third paragraph it's hard to tell what helped and what didn't. Would you clarify please?
johnagain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote