View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 10:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Update on me...
My milk supply dwindled and my baby became FTT, there are other issues involved here as in baby decided to eat less and less due to his own pain.

The Endo doc was not helpful, he sent a write up of the labs and a note saying to see my GYN in a year for retesting! Fortunately, that same day another envelope was from the GYN requesting to see me to discuss the results ASAP. Well, ASAP was almost a month away, but I waited and the FTT popped up in the mean time and the GYN had no problem writing me a script for Synthroid. That was earlier in July.

I also had called the Endo office for the "real" lab results. Again they all pointed to hypothyroidism, however, b/c the labs were not classic as in my TSH is completely normal, I guess the Endo didn't see any reason to treat me! I feel very fortunate to have landed on the GYN's office out of some very difficult circumstances (my former GYN refused to see me after I had a homebirth).

The puffy fingers still comes and goes, the other day I could actually freely move my wedding band and I thought wow maybe the Synthroid is doing something I can physically see. I have not had the joint pains since about a week after I started this thread. They seem to come and go. I wonder if it was Thyroid related, it could be. I'll give it some time. RA is not in my family at all. They say no one has Thyroid problems, but no one has gone passed the TSH test which for me has always been completely normal, not even slightly elevated (ranging over the years from .72 - 1.06). I have to wonder if my mother, overweight cousins, etc were tested with the entire panel if they would indead have thyroid dysfunction too. My paternal grandmother had a goiter removed at age 42, not sure how or even if it plays into what's going on w me.
Electra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote