View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 04:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdub View Post
I also however am terrified I am too late and i have already guaranteed that my sweet seven year old son will have to know a life without his dad who he loves so much and also experience going through his dad dying at such a young age.

Welcome srdub. I wanted to touch in this sentence in particular, because it is (was...) a well known feeling to me. "What if it's too late anyway?". Well, from all the data I gathered (and my own personal experience), in 99% of the cases, it is not too late.

A fatty liver usually means nothing life threatening (there are 6 year old kids who have it from drinking too much OJ - you get it from sugar and alcohol, which is fermented sugar), and neither does high liver enzyme count. Our livers are incredibly robust and can stand a LOT of abuse. In most cases they are back to healthy in 6 to 12 months. My tests were perfect after 5 months - and that was after drinking 1 liter of whisky a day for 10 years.

So... let that not be a factor in deciding what you are going to do. I have seen people who were yellow, with bloated abdomen, get back to health after they quit drinking. Sure, when you keep drinking you will get there in the end, but the chances are very very slim that you already irrepairily damaged your liver.

Your life is always worth fighting for. Not just because of your son or your family, but because you yourself are worth it too.

Give it some good thought. Fear that it's too late - as understandable as it is - is not a valid factor.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (04-28-2019), kiwi33 (04-28-2019), PamelaJune (05-01-2019), srdub (04-29-2019)