Thread: Stress
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 03:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I find humor is my best stress reliever for the things I can’t change and logic for the things I can. First thing I ask myself if I’m stressed about something is if it’s anything I can change... if so, develop a plan of attack and stop stressing just fix it. If it’s something I can’t change, like my father having lung cancer now and refusing to follow the doctors orders making it worse for him, or my step-daughter facing prison time for kidnapping her daughter (I mean lots of stress this year and really the past couple of years...) It’s finding whatever small shred of humor might be in the situation even if it’s a bit twisted.

Like the irony of my step-daughters favorite color being orange. Or how my father by rights in going against pretty much ever shred of advice or orders by his doctor is still doing shockingly well health wise. I mean he has several tumors in his lungs, COPD nodules as well, aspirated food and fluids in his lungs and missing half of one and yet despite still smoking his blood oxygen is still 100% mine is only 98% and this all with him only having half a brain after a stroke several years ago blocking one of his main arteries o the brain by 100% and the other one is over 60% blocked.

By rights the man should be pretty much a drooling veggie on a respirator but nope he’s out mowing his lawn. His doctors keep preparing us for the worse with each procedure they do because his heart is in such bad shape and he’s lacking body weight... but he keeps coming through baffling them and us. And we’ve just decided at this point that thanks to the stroke he’s too stupid to realize how bad off he is to die from it... ignorance is apparently not only bliss but the key to immortality
agate (04-28-2019), ewizabeth (05-08-2019), Grammie 2 3 (04-30-2019), Kitty (05-06-2019)