View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 10:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Please give me the strength to fight for my children. My ex-husband is extremely emotionally and psychologically abusive. He is especially that way to my oldest daughter and my youngest daughter. I lost all my rights to my children because I did not fight for them in my divorce because I was psychologically terrified of my ex and had no self-esteem to fight him. Now I want my rights back because my children are being subject to abuse by him. He's not all bad he does many things right. But emotions are not something he handles well and he takes his anger and stress out on those around them which are his children. He used to take it out on me which is why I kicked him out. Now he does it to my girls. I am trying to take him to court but have no resources to financially achieve this goal and have to use this self-help legal Resource Center. It has limited hours and days and it always seems to conflict with my pain or my friends pain who takes me places. I have filled out all the paperwork and have had to tried to have it served one time but they returned it to me saying they didn't have time to serve it before the court date. So now I have to start over. Which is fine because the incident that just happened was terrible for my daughter my youngest daughter. She was on the phone with me when we realized her sister's dog my middle daughter's dog was not around. My youngest absolutely panicked became terrified that he was dead on the highway because they live next to the highway and was crying. Herself her aunt and I also tried calling my ex-husband to see if he knew what was going on but he would not answer his phone. A little while later I called his phone for like the fifth time and my youngest answered it. She was extremely upset at this time as my exit had the dog all that time and didn't let anyone know. Not only didn't he apologize for that but he was actually smirking and mocking her and laughing at her for talking to me on the phone about how upset she was about him not letting her know where the dog was and not caring that she got upset and scared. He is just horrible in regards to emotions. He is very very demeaning to me in front of the girls and they need to know that it is not right for him to treat them or me that way. The thing is he makes a ton of money and is extremely manipulative. He is or appears to be your typical nice guy. He has told other people that I am a drug addict and a drunk. And has even told children that I am a terrible monster. He's very very vindictive and I've got to find the strength to fight him. A lot of times I don't feel like I'm worth worth me trying to be important in my girls lives. Does that make any sense at all? He constantly emphasizes on how worthless I am to the girls. And I let myself believe it at times. It's a difficult battle for me because I really have nothing to do with their lives. But at the same time I do know that they need me to balance out his psychological abuse which is what prompted me to start to take him to court. Which is what I'm going to have to really focus on now and I'm asking for strength.
adelina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote