View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 12:32 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Default Any doctors in St Louis, MO area?

Hi all!

For months I have had lower back pain while sitting and getting up from sitting. My primary care doctor ordered an MRI which found "Several Tarlov cysts are noted bilaterally within the sacrum." and he mentioned that the cysts might be the cause of the pain. (Looks like this disease is not so ignored as people say).
Now I am in search of a doctor to check my MRI and say the size of the cysts, and if it is a good idea to do a surgery.
I know people have asked before, but the Tarlov Cyst Deasease Fundation exists for more than 10 years now. There has to be more doctors that know how to treat Tarlov Cysts nowadays.
Does anyone know of a doctor in St Louis, MO area? There are a couple of good universities here. I'm hoping I can find someone.

And in case I don't, does anyone know if Dr. Feigenbaum takes Tricare?

Also, I've been diagnosed for hipermobility once because of a Temporomandibular joint dysfunction. (I don't have any abnormality in my skin neither my elbows fold outwards, but I do have a little hipermobility in my neck, my mandibula, I can touch my forearms with my thumbs and I have the Gorlin Sign.) I've heard that connective tissue disorder might be a cause of the Tarlov Cyst, so how do I proceed to have the test for that? Is there any necessary additional treatment in case of Connective tissue Disorder?
behopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote