View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 12:03 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTOS View Post
I started getting TOS symptoms after a shoulder injury in May of 2019. I did have 14 years of bad posture working in front of a computer for 8 hours a day (and probably some more playing there too) working against me. I became bilateral from stress, nerve sensitization, and tight muscles.

Its taken 10 months of PT and massage, but I feel normal for most of the day now. Using the computer is still problematic if I don't watch my posture and take breaks, but its getting better. I responded poorly to stretching and direct massage of the scalenes. The thing that helped me to loosen my neck was to strengthen my back and deep neck flexors, be more mindful of my posture, and to use a lacrosse ball to massage my back and traps. I also pinch the edge of my trap to remove trigger points there.

I'm hoping that in another 6 months I don't have to be quite so mindful, but I guess if the worst thing that happened to me is that I now have to take good posture and mind my health, it's probably good for me in the long run!
I think everyone should follow this advice. Rest and inactivity is probably not the answer! Thanks for sharing.
Dontbeamelvin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote