View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 02:16 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Concussion success story of a college student

I got hit by a basketball tonight which might be a mild concussion and brought back memories and made me write this.
I had a terrible concussion 4.5 years ago when the guys on our dorm and I were drinking before going to a party. Some big guy maybe 200 pounds told me to punch him in the face and then he will punch me. I think he just wanted to punch me in the face. I was only 140 pounds. I had one or two beers. I said yes to him. I did not know about concussion and I thought everyone was friendly and didn't think that he is gonna put all his strength into the punch. My punch did nothing but his punch knocked me out. I woke up a different person, very confused. I still went to the house party and drank couple more beers. I was like a zombie. When I woke up the next day my muscles were twitching all over, and when I googled it the term fasciculation came up.I still have that to this day. When I went to class I could hear but not comprehend the words. I had been to the US for 8 months and was a very ambitious student wanting to go to medical school. I could not chew food easily and could hear the broken bones in my jaw when I chewed but I did not care about it because I thought I was a dead man. I was so ashamed and depressed by the way my own stupidity had caused this. A car accident would have been more respectable. That summer I took a MCAT ( medical college admission test) practice test and I did terrible. I was depressed throughout the following years because of the concussion but I pushed my way through. I could not fall sleep whenever I studied a lot as if my brain could not handle it. The good news is that I got my MCAT score back and I scored in the 99 percentile and I have held up my GPA at 3.66. If someone like me reads this one day I want to say never give up.
shayan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote