View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 11:35 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKnight View Post
well both contribute to forward head position - but one thing didn't lead to another. Repetitive mouse motions with both hands caused this 2 separate issues. And the levator scapula is mainly a neck muscle with little roots to the shoulder. Look it up on google and tell me if it's also what's wrong with you.
My issue definitely involved levator scap and upper trap. I spent most of my free time on a computer and my job was doing repetitive motions out in front of my body 8 hours a day. I have terrible posture and forward head. My issue started with pain in the armpit... Then came scapular instability. My scap stability is improving albeit slowly. Basically the pec minor, upper trap, and levator scap were working over time for my job doing the motions out in front of me.

Once they overpowered my back muscles enough my shoulder basically got stuck in that forward position and my shoulder blade had an anterior tilt. This causes all kinds of popping and grinding noises..I know if I can get that shoulder blade to sit back and fix my posture that my symptoms will resolve. It's just incredibly frustrating when you have a few good days and then a really bad one that sets you back.
Dontbeamelvin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote