Thread: visual snow
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 10:28 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I've seen the same shimmering dots as well a few times, they were so beautiful! I was told it was the halo before the migraine, sometimes I get the migraine and sometimes not. I also get the "squigglies" sometimes, sounds funny but my vision will get filled with squiggly lines, then extreme fatigue and I have to lay down.

I'm almost 2 years in and about 6 months ago I started to get dizzy quite a bit and the headpain got worse. I went to a Optometrist that specializes in Concussions and he gave a rx for prisms and bi nasal tape on the glasses. This really helps but he also wants me to pay 5K for Vision Therapy.

I went to an OT that specializes in concussion and she says that my problem is a combo of vestibular and optho. I'm leary about paying the 5K as he wants me to as it might not even help. I'm doing some exercises on my own and they seem to help..maybe

I'm in Canada and our medical system won't pay for this as they say it's not proven. I hope that you can get some of this covered and that it helps. Could yours be a combo problem as well?

Thank you for sharing and best wishes
Susie1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote