View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 07:43 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I think you are right in that it will not be hard (or take too long) to get off the Depakote.

You probably have never had a full-blown manic episode since you are BP type II. You probably have had plenty of hypomanic episodes that aren't as severe tho. It is very common for people who are type II to take mood stabilizers even tho their main symptom is depression. I can't tell you whether or not a mood stabilizer is right for you or not. That is something you have to discuss with your pdoc the next time you see her. I would ask her that question directly.

I have stomach problems that are being treated somewhat better now, but I know how lousy it feels to deal with that kind of discomfort all the time, and to have anxiety aggravate it. I'm sorry that you are having to go though it (((HUGS)))

Have you tried taking Zantac yet? It's an older med, but it works really well, and may help you.

But I think you should consider seeing your PCP about your stomach problems since this has been going on for so long. If you have acid reflux, it could do damage over time if untreated...
And 18 pounds is A LOT of weight to lose without trying, too

Are there any particular kinds of foods, textures of foods, etc that are appealing to you at all? When I have no appetite, I will eat small amounts of random things that I like just to eat something. Since I got out of the hospital, I've been trying to eat applesauce when I've needed to make myself eat something. It goes down easy, and has been working out well.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-18-2019), Dmom3005 (05-20-2019)